The perfect complement for the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro with Retina display, or Mac mini, the sleek, compact Apple USB Superdrive enables you to play and burn both CDs and DVDs--whether you're at the office or on the road. It's perfect when you want to watch a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more.
Take It Anywhere
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you're working. The USB SuperDrive measures 5.47 x 5.47 x 0.67 inches and weighs just 11.84 ounces (0.74 pound)
The Essence of Simplicity
You'll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, or Mac mini with a single USB cable that's built into the SuperDrive. There's no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 6x speed
- Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
- Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
- Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 24x speed