THE EXPRESS XT NOW INCLUDES:
- Support for 23.976 time code*
- Update ClockWorks software
Built with MOTU’s award-winning MIDI interface technology, the MIDI Express XT is a professional MIDI interface and SMPTE synchronizer that provides plug-and-play connectivity to any USB-equipped Mac or Windows computer.
The Express XT provides 8 MIDI IN, 9 MIDI OUT, 128 MIDI channels and compatibility with all Mac and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable) give you instant front-panel access to multiple operational configurations.
The included ClockWorks™ console software for Mac OS X and Windows provides comprehensive MIDI routing, merging and muting.
As a professional-grade SMPTE time code synchronizer, the Express XT converts and stripes SMPTE in all frame formats (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop, and 30). SMPTE “jam sync” with adjustable freewheeling provides glitch-free sync.
The Express XT also supports MIDI Machine Control (MMC), with the ability to serve as either an MMC master or slave. The Express XT can distribute MMC transport commands to all other connected MMC devices.
Connect a foot switch to the convenient front-panel pedal input and then program it to generate MIDI data when pressed. Send the data to any connected devices. For example, you could send MIDI patch changes to synths and sound modules during live performance.
The MIDI Express XT takes full advantage of USB, giving you high-speed MIDI throughput, sub-millisecond timing accuracy, support for “hot-swapping” and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via any available USB port. And the Express XT’s internal international power supply delivers reliable performance and professional operation.
- USB MIDI interface for Mac and Windows
- Stand-alone MIDI patchbay/merger/processor
- SMPTE time code sync in all formats (includes new support for 23.976 fps time code*)
- 8x8 MIDI merge matrix: connects any device to any other
- 16 front panel presets
- 8 independent MIDI IN
- 8 independent MIDI OUT (9 output connectors)
- 128 MIDI channels
- Supports MIDI Machine Control
- Pedal input for momentary foot switch
- 16 presets with 8 programmable, battery-backed memory
- MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) for sub-millisecond timing accuracy
- Includes updated drivers and ClockWorks™ software for Mac and Windows
- Internal Power Supply
- Merge any inputs to any outputs
- Route any inputs to any outputs
- Mute any MIDI data on any cable
- Re-channelize on input and output
- SMPTE time code (LTC) generater and reader
- Converts LTC to MIDI Time Code (MTC) to sync a Mac, PC or any other devices to SMPTE time code
- Converts all SMPTE frame rates (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop, 29.97 non-drop, 30)
- Stripes SMPTE time code in all frame rates (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop, 29.97 non-drop, 30)
- Converts MIDI Time Code to SMPTE time code
- SMPTE "Jam Sync" with adjustable freewheeling for dropout-free sync
- Supports MIDI Machine Control - serves as either an MMC master or slave, distributes MMC transport commands to all other MMC devices
- Custom-designed VLSI technology
- Front panel buttons and LED's for choosing presets (8 factory, 8 user)
- Front panel SMPTE stripe button
- Front panel SMPTE lock and tach LED's
- Status lights for MIDI IN/OUT and computers
- Front panel MIDI IN and OUT ports
- Panic button
- 17 MIDI connectors
- 2 SMPTE quarter-inch phone (line level)
- 1 pedal quarter-inch phone input
- 1 IEC power connector (switchable 115V - 220V)
- Includes: Software console for Macintosh and Windows, power cord, USB cable
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears: 19 × 7 × 1.75 inches (48.26 × 17.78 × 4.45 cm). With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
The MIDI Express XT USB is based on the industry standard MIDI Time Piece. The unit rovides 8 MIDI in, 8 MIDI out, 128 MIDI channels and is "plug-and-play" compatible with all Macintosh and Windows software.
Software consoles for both Mac and Windows platforms provide comprehensive routing, merging, and muting with 16 convenient, one-touch front-panel presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable). Full Time Code and MIDI Machine Control implementation make this interface a fully professional product.
- 8 Input / 8 Output
- SMPTE Timecode
- MIDI Machine Control
- MIDI Time Stamping
- Mac OS X
- Windows Vista/7