Novation Dicer: cue-point, looping and FX control for Digital DJs
This palm-sized cue point and looping controller has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer or laptop. Dicer always ships in pairs - one for each side.
Dicer works with almost any DJ software and it is optimised for use with:
- Serato Scratch Live
- Traktor Scratch Duo/Pro
- Traktor Pro
A pair of Dicer gives you a total of 60 buttons:
Dicer can trigger samples, cue-points, loops and FX. You can use Dicer to browse through playlists, nudge tracks backwards and forwards or it can be freely assigned to whatever functions you want. Coloured LEDs behind each button tell you what mode you are in.
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden - DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
Performance buttons with visual feedback
Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch ‘dice’ buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks
Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops.
With Novation’s reusable ‘DJ putty’, your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live
Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including ‘Hot Cues’, ‘Auto Roll’ and ‘Loop Roll’.
Works with all major DJ software
Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- Integration with Serato
- Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function.
Physical controls and Indicators
- 5 large round multi-colour back-lit trigger buttons
- 3 small round multi-colour back-lit function buttons
- Micro USB 1.1 connector; the most robust and compact USB connection.
- Kensington lock space
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting pairs.
Weights and Dimensions
Single un-boxed unit (Dicer always comes as a pair):
- W & D = 90 mm / 3.5“; H = 13 mm / 0.5“
- Weight: 72 g / 0.16 lbs
NOTE: One Dicer only. Height includes rubber feet / excludes adapter
- W=165 mm / 6.5 “, H=240 / 9.5 “, D=60 mm / 2 3/8“
- Weight: 0.4373 kg / 0.96 lbs
NOTE: Includes single brown outer box
Multi Box (10):
- W= 307 mm / 12“, H=492 mm / 19 3/8“, D=187 mm / 7 3/8“
- Weight: 5.253 kg / 11.58 lbs
- Serato Scratch Compatible
- Trigger Samples, Loops & Cue Points
- Tri-Color Illuminated Controls
- Mounts on SL-1200 /1210 45-Adapter Slot
- DJ Putty for Universal Surface Mounting
- Sold In Pairs