GROOVE PRODUCTION STUDIO
Groundbreaking groove production system for fast, intuitive beatmaking. The power and flexibility of software meets the tactile immediacy of hardware.
- Compact controller plus full MASCHINE software
- 11 GB library contains a world of sound
- Includes MASSIVE and KOMPLETE ELEMENTS
ENTER THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
MASCHINE MIKRO is the perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE, giving you tactile, hands-on control for beat production, sampling and performance.
The latest version of MASCHINE MIKRO delivers:
- New hardware – now in black or white, with new multicolored pads
- New 1.8 software – free update, with color coding and new effects
- MASSIVE on board – legendary synth for all MASCHINE users
PRO PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE
MASCHINE MIKRO is a professional music production tool, combining the flexibility of software with the immediacy of hardware – now updated with new, multi-colored pads, enhanced display and more. Create rhythms, bass lines, chords and melodies, and build tracks on-the-fly with the intuitive, clip-based sequencer. MASCHINE MIKRO also gives you a high-performance sampler, professional effects and full support for VST and Audio Units plug-ins. What’s more, you can also run MASCHINE MIKRO as a plug-in in your DAW. And check out iMASCHINE – NI’s on-the-go beat sketchpad for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Import your iMASCHINE projects to MASCHINE MIKRO to finish your ideas in your studio.
SUPREME SOUNDS INSIDE
MASCHINE MIKRO comes with over 6 GB of ready-to-use, professional and inspiring sounds. Create rhythms and melodies right away with the included drum kits, one-shot samples, basses, synths and acoustic instruments – all fully tagged for easy browsing.
With the 1.8 MASCHINE update, all MASCHINE MASCHINE MIKRO users get the legendaryMASSIVE* synthesizer – a sonic monster for basses and leads with 1,300 earth-shattering sounds – worth $199 / 179 € alone. MASCHINE MIKRO also includesKOMPLETE ELEMENTS, providing more than 1,000 stunning sounds from the flagshipKOMPLETE 8 andKOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE, and a $30/25€ e-voucher to use towards additional KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects or MASCHINE Expansions.
EXPAND YOUR SOUND
Add extra fuel to your MASCHINE or MASCHINE MIKRO with MASCHINE Expansions – sonically-specialized packages created by renowned sound designers and artists.
These ready-to-rumble sample kits consist of drum one-shots, matched kits, multi-sampled instruments and pre-programmed patterns and songs. For instant and exclusive use within MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO.
THE WIDE WORLD OF MASCHINE
The world of MASCHINE is expanding. Check out the other MASCHINE products:
MASCHINE — The revolutionary groove production studio
iMASCHINE — iPhone® and iPod touch® App for beats on the move
MIKRO's most important features
MASCHINE MIKRO combines the power and flexibility of MASCHINE software with a fully integrated portable hardware controller.
- Most software functions can be controlled via the hardware , providing a hands-on workflow
- When you’re working in your DAW, MASCHINE MIKRO adds a new dimension to your project - explore grooves and rhythms in a fun and intuitive way - just like a hardware groove box
- Total recall of all parameters either in standalone mode or as a plug-in means you can instantly dive back into your project
- Frequent software updates means MASCHINE MIKRO continues to evolve to meet your needs
Clever shortcuts on the MIKRO hardware controller provide quick access to key functions in the MASCHINE software, which are also easily accessed via the computer’s mouse and keyboard.
- 16 highly-sensitive back-lit, multi-colored pads with velocity and after-touch
- One master push encoder for multiple software functions
- One high-contrast, 128 x 64 pixel black-and-white display
- 28 backlit pads for clear visual feedback in the studio or on stage
- Bus powered hardware via USB 2.0, plus Kensington lock
- Weighs only 1,2 Kilograms
With MASCHINE MIKRO you can easily create and arrange patterns using the built-in sequencer.
- Two modes: XOX drum machine step sequencer and MPC-style* live recording
- Clip-based concept for intuitive arrangement of your project into scenes and songs, with assignable color-coding for instant overview
- Classic groove box functions such as 16 velocity levels, swing (sounds, groups, global), pad-link and note repeat
MASCHINE MIKRO is based on a high-performance sampler, allowing audio recording of internal or external sources (sound card required), and precise sample playback.
- Sample-length and number of samples only limited by your computer's RAM capacity
- Polyphony up to 32 voices for each sound, with choke, legato and glide options
- Powerful slicing via transient detection, fixed grid, or equal splits with automatic pad assignment
- Offline timestretch and pitchshifting with automatic BPM detection
- Destructive sample editing (e.g. truncate, normalize, reverse, etc)
- Convenient import of your own samples, REX2 files and MPC® programs
- Vintage Sampling Modes emulating the sound of the MPC60® and/ SP1200®
- Optimized recovery of lost samples – point MASCHINE MIKRO to the new location and it will automatically update the location for all samples in that project
- Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz audio when using a high-quality audio interface likeKOMPLETE AUDIO 6
PLUG-IN HOSTING / KOMPLETE 9 INTEGRATION
MASCHINE MIKRO hosts any VST or Audio Units plug-ins from Native Instruments or any other manufacturer. Try it out with MASSIVE** – the renowned bass and lead synthesizer included with MASCHINE. Integration is seamless with all instruments and effects in KOMPLETE 9, KOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE, and KOMPLETE ELEMENTS.
- MASCHINE MIKRO hosts any VST or Audio Units plug-ins from Native Instruments and 3rd party manufacturers
- MASCHINE MIKRO supports the 'NIS' NI sound format - browse and load the presets of all KOMPLETE 9 versions directly from the MASCHINE browser
- One instrument and up to 4 effect plug-ins can be opened in each sound slot - 16 sound slots are available in each of the 8 groups
- Sampler, effects and plug-in parameters can be automated within the MASCHINE software
SAMPLE LIBRARY AND BROWSER
An easy–to-use browser lets you tag your own imported samples and gives you instant access to any sound from the extensive MASCHINE library. Assign color coding throughout the library for ‘visual tagging’ which is also displayed on the pads.
- Over 6 GB of sounds including 18,000 samples, 7,000 one-shots, 400 loops, 300 drum kits with 1,400 patterns, 388 sampled instruments, 170 FX/multi-FX presets, and 60 demo projects
- Contains multi-sampled acoustic instruments including pianos, organs, strings, brass and more
- Browse and load projects, patterns, kits, sounds, and effects with dedicated shortcuts from the hardware, including all KOMPLETE 8 presets
- Swap kits while keeping patterns: try out your beat with new sounds
MASCHINE MIKRO's built-in effects section contains a powerful arsenal of studio-quality effects to shape and supercharge your sound.
- 23 high-quality effects – including TRANSIENT MASTER, Tape and Tube Saturators, reverbs, filters and EQs plus creative tools such as Grain-Delay, Ice Verb, Freq Shifter
- Chain up to four effects at once, or select a sampler or VST /AU instrument, followed by three chainable effects
- Easily use NI or 3rd party VST /AU effect plug-ins within MASCHINE, e.g GUITAR RIG PLAYER amps and effects
When working in your DAW, MASCHINE MIKRO will supercharge your workflow. It's a perfectly integrated, rugged, and intuitive groovebox.
- Use the MASCHINE software as a VST, AU or RTAS plug-in inside your host sequencer
- As a plug-in, MASCHINE MIKRO retains all of its capabilities including total recall and routing up to 16 stereo outs to your host's mixer
- Host Transport Control – run MASCHINE as a plug-in, and the transport controls on the hardware control transport in your DAW
- Drag and drop audio or MIDI files directly to your DAW, or drag samples directly from your computer into MASCHINE’s sound slots
- Conveniently bounce songs or individual patterns as 8-, 16- and 24-bit WAV files, or drag and drop them directly to your DAW
- Instant navigation: Open several instances of MASCHINE MIKRO in your host sequencer and easily switch between them using a single controller
- Run MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO in parallel as two independent VST, AU or RTAS plug-ins with in your host DAW – for additional tactile control in the studio
*"MPC" is a trademark of Akai Professional, L.P. and used with permission. SP 1200 is a trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc. Trademarks used only to identify the equipment whose sound was modeled and does not imply an official endorsement.
**MASSIVE was designed and developed entirely by Native Instruments GmbH. Solely the name Massive is a registered trademark of Massive Audio Inc, USA.
System Requirements, Compatibility
Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Audio Units
- RTAS (Pro Tools 9 + 10)
Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions
USB 2.0 Port, 11 GB free disk space for complete installation
This product runs in demo mode after installation and must be activated before full functionality is available.
- Width: 320 mm / 12.6"
- Length: 195 mm / 7.7"
- Height: 50 mm / 2.0"
- 1.2 kg / 2.6 lbs
- One high-contrast display 64 x 128 pxs
- 16 high-quality multicolor, illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch
- One master push encoder for controlling numerous functions (30 steps)
- 28 buttons
- Sequencer, Sampler & Multi-Effect Unit
- VST/AU Plug-In Host
- Full Version of MASCHINE 1.8 Software
- Sample Library with Over 6GB of Sounds
- Includes MASSIVE Synth Plug-In
- 128 x 64 Pixel Black-And-White Display
- USB 2.0 Port
- Multi-Function Master Push Encoder
- Time Stretch & Pitch Shift Features
- TRANSIENT MASTER Dynamics/Mixing